
I am just nuts about math! Hence, I am currently working with the math teachers at WBMS to improve our math scores on the CRCT. I taught mostly math and science at WBMS for 27 years. Before that, I taught science at Jefferson City Schools. I retired at the end of the 2007-2008 school year with a year and a half of sick leave so I have 30.5 years experience. When I applied for retirement my mother was ill and I wanted to spend more time with her, but she passed away before I retired. I decided to retire anyway, and I'm glad I did! I needed a longer break than just summer! Now, I am a contracted math consultant working 2 days a week with some really great teachers!
I am taking this course because I am an ignorant dunce when it comes to the internet! I am hoping to learn EVERYTHING, or at least 23 things, about the net to make improving math scores a reality.
By the way, my image is from www.coolmath-games.com, but I don't know how to link yet.
Hey someone else taught a Jefferson. i was there about the same time as you, when it was small. i coached football from 1976-1983.
ReplyDeleteHey I taught at Jefferson from 1976-1983. Health and PE and coached football and wrestling.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Gilreath,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that you are finally getting that well deserved retirement. I was at WBMS 1982-1985. (Marie Lyle) My son just left and started his 9th grade year at WBHS. I look forward to seeing how you will be using the Web 2.0 with other teachers to help students improve their grades. Here's to learning at least 23 Things together.